United for you
CIBANK EAD and UBB AD have united. All existing CIBANK customers are already UBB customers and have new IBANs (account number) containing "UBBS". If you have been a customer of CIBANK so far, enter your current IBAN number here to check your new number.
Announcement to the creditors and clients of CIBANK JSC, Company ID 831686320 and UNITED BULGARIAN BANK AD, Company ID 000694959
Dear clients and partners,
It is our pleasure to inform you that having obtained the needed permit from the BNB on 05.02.2018 the Commercial Register to the Registry Agency has officially entered the reorganization of CIBANK JSC through merger into UNITED BULGARIAN BANK AD.
From this date onwards all rights and obligations of CIBAK JSC have been transferred to UNITED BULGARIAN BANK AD in the latter’s capacity as universal successor, with which the process of CIBANK’s merger into UBB has been finalized. By virtue of this change the clients of CIBANK JSC become clients of UNITED BULGARIAN BANK AD.
After the reorganization UBB becomes one of the largest banks in Bulgaria, with assets exceeding BGN 11 billion, an ever larger branch network throughout the country and a wide range of products and services, focused on servicing individuals and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The United Bank will also take advantage of the support of the international banking group КBC.
More information about forthcoming changes, impacting both banks’ clients, is available in Questions & Answers section.
Questions & answers
1. We are having a united bank. Am I expected to do something?
No, you are not expected to do anything. The bank will inform you accordingly about additional changes that will apply.
2. I am a client of CIBANK/UBB. Will I obtain services in the entire branch network of the united bank?
Over the first months of the legal merger you will continue to obtain services at the branches you have visited by now. Quite soon you will get the full variety of services on the territory of the entire branch network of the united bank (and you will be informed about this by the bank).
3. Will be there change in the terms and conditions (interests, fees and commissions) linked to the products I am a client of?
The interests on your credit products remain unchanged. Possible changes are introduced in compliance with the conditions of your agreement with the Bank. Additionally, the Bank is legally entitled to inform its individual clients two months ahead of any changes occurring to their general terms, interest tariffs as well as fees and commissions tariffs. This information is posted here.
4. Do I need to change my debit/credit card plastics?
You don’t need to change your debit/credit card plastics. The latter will be automatically changed immediately before its expiry date, of which you will be notified.
5. Will ATM cash withdrawal fees change?
We have already equalized the ATM UBB and CIBANK cash withdrawal fees. Besides, the clients of the united bank are having equal terms when withdrawing cash at ATMs of other financial institutions. Details are available in the fees and commissions tariff here and here.
6. Is CIBANK contact center phone number applicable?
For your convenience, telephone number 0 700 1 4554 will be preserved for a certain time period. During the merger you will be able to obtain information and assistance also by dialing 0 700 1 1717 (or *7171).
7. Will my e-banking change?
For UBB clients nothing changes in the e-banking system.
Clients of CIBANK will obtain access to the new e-banking in the months to follow. Detailed work instructions have been envisaged that need to be followed. Demo video of the process (in BGN only) can be found here.
Till this moment they will continue to access the e-banking platform “CIBANK Online” with no changes to the instruments for secure access and the functionalities.
8. What are the changes in the Utility bill payments via Cibank Online and Cibank Mobile?
After the date of the legal merger, as an active subscriber to utility bill payments in CIBANK Online/ CIBANK Mobile, you will continue to receive email notifications of due amounts, as so far, as the sender of e-notifications will be UBB. There will be no changes in the subscription number, deadlines and manner of payment. You will be able to make subscriptions for new payments or changes in existing subscriptions, as so far.
9. What will be the changes in the e-notifications?
If you are a client of UBB, there will be no changes for you.
If you are a client of CIBANK, after the date of the legal merger, as an active subscriber to e-notifications in CIBANK platform you will continue to receive SMS or e-mail notifications according to the current practice. The SMS and e-mail notifications you receive will be signed by the united bank - UBB.
10. Will my deposits in the former CIBANK and in UBB be guaranteed?
In view of the merger of CIBANK JSC into United Bulgarian Bank AD, the Bulgarian Deposit Insurance Fund guarantees the deposits separately in each of CIBANK JSC and United Bulgarian Bank AD for a period of six months as of 05 February 2018, the date when the transformation was registered in the Commercial Register. After this period expires, the deposits in CIBANK JSC and in United Bulgarian Bank AD made by an individual or legal entity prior to the transformation shall be summed, for the purposes of the guarantee, up to BGN 196 000 along with the accrued interest. For more information please check here.
CHANGE OF IBAN ACCOUNT NUMBERS
11. My IBAN has changed. Where will I be able to see my new IBAN?
Information on the new IBANs will be available via one of the following channels:
- In your electronic banking
- In the branch network of the United Bank
- In the United Bank’s Contact Centre at the following telephone numbers: 0 700 117 17 or *7171 (for mobile operator subscribers);
12. Which account number - the new or the old one will be visible by the partners/institutions I interact with?
Your counter parties will see the new IBAN of the account, from which you have ordered the payment.
You need to inform all counter parties or third persons you interact with (partners, employer, the National Revenue Agency and other institutions) about the change in your account’s IBAN by the end of December 2018.
For your convenience, the Bank undertakes to ex officio notify the National Social Security Institute.
13. Until when will my old account number be valid?
For your convenience the old numbers of your accounts will remain valid and usable by the end of December 2018.
14. Which IBAN will be displayed in my e-notifications (SMS/ e-mail)?
SMS/ Е-mail notifications about the events, subscribed by you, will contain only your new IBAN.
15. I work as a freelancer and I submit my IBAN once a year to the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF). What should I do after the IBAN change?
Your old IBAN will be valid along with your new one by the end of December 2018, as you should undertake to duly inform your counter parties and the institutions you interact with that your new IBAN remains the only valid one after the end of December.
16. I receive my pension payments directly from abroad. How will the change of my account’s IBAN affect me? Whom should I inform?
By the year end your old IBAN will be valid in parallel. Prior to 31.12.2018 you should inform of the performed change the foreign social security organization. For your convenience the Bank has officially informed the National Social Security Institute (NSSI) in case you receive your pension, based on a treaty between NSSI and a foreign social security organization.
18. I receive child benefits. How will the change in my account’s IBAN affect me? Whom should I inform?
By the year end your old IBAN will be valid in parallel. Prior to 31.12.2018 you should duly inform of the performed change the respective Social Support Directorate.
19. My company has more than one account, with which my proxies operate. Should I change the powers of attorney at the year end when only UBBS will remain in the number?
No, it is not necessary.
20. Which BIC code should I provide to my counter parties?
You can give them UBBSBGSF.
21. If I enter the old BIC and the new IBAN, will the payment go through?
No. This is due to the presence of a formal conformity check between the BAU code in the account number and the BAU code of the beneficiary’s bank.
22. Should I generate all of my templates anew, using my new IBAN?
No, it is not necessary. Within the CIBANK Online templates the old IBAN in the payer’s account has been automatically replaced with the new IBAN.
23. Why can’t I see my old and new IBAN when ordering a payment?
In CIBANK Online, when ordering a payment, the new IBAN is automatically loaded in the Payer’s Account field.