United for you
Frequently Asked Questions regarding the merger of UBB and CIBANK
1. Will there be any change of the IBAN accounts?
Answer: No change of the IBAN accounts is needed at this stage. As soon as this happens, the clients of both banks will be notified duly.
2. If yes, how and when will I be notified?
Answer: All clients will be notified in advance and within reasonable time so that they can react without this causing them any inconvenience.
3. What should the clients do in case such a change is made?
Answer: We will send you guidelines on how you should cooperate and we will try to make this as easy and convenient for you as possible.
4. Will there be any change in the offices and locations of both banks?
Answer: Upon future relocation, unification or closing of a certain office /branch of the Bank, the clients of the respective branch will be informed in advance on the current site.
5. Will it be possible for UBB clients to be serviced at a CIBANK’s branch and vice versa?
Answer: Yes, updated information for the united branches of both banks, enabling simultaneous service for CIBANK and UBB clients, is provided on our page here: https://www.ubb.bg/eng/offices/type/offices.
6. Will the tariffs for fees and commissions be the same for clients of the two banks?
Answer: For the time being, the price conditions will be kept for the products, used by clients of UBB/CIBANK. As soon as steps are taken to make the tariffs uniform, clients will be notified well in advance in compliance with the legally set deadline (two months in advance).
7. Will debit and credit cards be re-issued or should I wait until their validity expires?
Answer: We do not envisage such a change at this stage. All clients will be notified in advance and within reasonable time, if needed.
8. Will there be any change in the ATM devices of UBB/CIBANK and will this affect clients?
Answer: Since 21st of August, 2017, for CIBANK and UBB clients’ convenience, they will be able to use all ATMs of both banks keeping their current tax for withdraw.
9. Will there be any change of the conditions on credit products which I am using?
Answer: We do not envisage such a change at this stage. In case there are new conditions on the credit products which you are using, you will be notified in advance and in line with the conditions of the contracts which you have concluded with UBB/CIBANK.
10. Will there be any change of the conditions on deposit products which I am using?
Answer: We do not envisage such a change at this stage. In case there are new conditions on the savings products and deposit products you are using, you will be notified in due time and in line with the conditions of your contracts and the General Terms and Conditions for Payment Products and Services of UBB/CIBANK.
11. What will happen to my savings?
Answer: We guarantee that your savings are safe in our bank. For you as a client of UBB/CIBANK, there is no change of the conditions for saving your funds. The owner of the new united bank is the Belgian financial group KBC, which has a very high credit rating: A. This guarantees that your money is safe. KBC Group has been successfully operating on the Bulgarian market for 10 years now with its companies CIBANK and DZI.
12. How will I repay my current loan from now on?
Answer: Currently there is no change of the repayment conditions on the credit products of UBB/CIBANK. You may continue to repay your liabilities as you did until now.
13. I am using preferential rates at UBB/CIBANK. Will I continue using them in the future? Will I be able to use the better conditions, offered by one of the two banks?
Answer: Currently there is no change of the conditions on the UBB/CIBANK products which you are using. In the future, we will strive to offer our UBB/CIBANK clients the best possible conditions.
14. What preferential rates does UBB offer on transactions/foreign currency transfers to foreign banks which are part of KBC Group?
Answer: At this stage there are no such preferential rates.