Payment transactions online with bank cards, issued by UBB, using VISA Secure and MASTERCARD Identity Check
In implementation of the provisions of the applicable legislation in the field of payment services and transactions with bank payment cards, United Bulgarian Bank AD ensures for its cardholders stage-by-stage application of the Strong Customer Authentication requirements with regard to payment transactions with bank cards on the Internet at merchants, supporting the Visa Secure and Mastercard Identity Check protocols.
To this end, for the purpose of authorizing those payment transactions, UBB introduces the use of two independent elements for cardholder authentication - a dynamic 3D Secure Code (which you will receive for every online payment via an SMS) and a static 3D Secure Code (created by the client).
You can create your static 3D Secure Code via UBB Online, if you have a profile and access to the online banking functionality of UBB (at an electronic address https://ebb.ubb.bg), or by using the password, received in an SMS, to register a card for secure online payments. In order to use the method, chosen by you, you should follow steps, described below.
I. HOW TO CREATE A STATIC 3D SECURE CODE WHILE USING UBB ONLINE
Being a Cardholder, respectively Additional Cardholder, who has a profile and access to the online banking functionality of UBB (at the following electronic address https://ebb.ubb.bg), in line with the terms and conditions and the procedure, set out in a concluded Online Banking Agreement and the Bank’s General Terms on Payment Services for Individuals and its General Terms on Payment Services for Business Clients, you can create and periodically, if you wish, change a static 3D Secure Code, known only to you, for each payment card, issued in your name, by logging into the online banking and selecting the Creating a Static 3D Secure Code functionality.
In order to create a static 3D code while using UBB Online, you need to perform the following steps:
1. In CARDS menu -> Actions you should select the Creating a Static 3D Secure Code function.
That same function - Creating a Static 3D Secure Code - you can also access via
a hyperlink button, available at the UBB Online homepage.
2. Creating a Static 3D Secure Code screen will open. From the CARD NUMBER drop-down menu you should select the card, for which you wish to create a static 3D Secure Code and you should confirm it with the CHOOSE button.
3. You should then save the code, created by you in the NEW STATIC 3D SECURE CODE field, while complying with the requirements for minimum length of 6 characters and inclusion of at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and a digit. Permitted for use symbols are the following: _@!%()#“+-./:=?$;^. Please, re-enter the created by you static 3D Secure Code in the CONFIRM STATIC 3D SECURE CODE field and click on the CONFIRM button.
4. Having followed steps from 1 to 3 a message will appear on the screen about a successfully created static 3D Secure Code.
N.B! You should follow the above steps from 1 to 4 for each card of yours, for which you would like to have a static 3D Secure Code generated.
II. CREATE/CHANGE A STATIC 3D SECURE CODE BY USING A PASSWORD, RECEIVED IN AN SMS, TO REGISTER A CARD FOR SECURE ONLINE PAYMENTS
In order to create your static 3D Secure Code you need to have received an SMS with a password for registration of a card for secure online payments and to perform the following steps:
1. Follow the Online Payment Card Registration link HERE
2. On the screen that will be visualized you should enter the 16-digit number of your card, for which you have received an SMS for registration purposes (UBB: NNNNNN is your password for registration of card No ***nnnn for secure online payments. To register: website UBB do dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm)
Click on the CONTINUE button.
3. After you have entered the number of your card, you will receive an SMS with a dynamic password:
UBB: Your dynamic password for login to the 3D client webpage is the following: NNNNNN
4. You should enter the dynamic password you have just received in step 3 and your password for registration of a card for secure online payments, received earlier via an SMS from UBB: NNNNNN is your password for registration of card No ***nnnn for secure online payments. To register: website UBB do dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm
Click on the CONTINUE button.
5. On the next screen you should enter the created by you permanent static password. It should be 6-character long, containing only letters, digits, special symbols or combination of them; as character sequences like 111, 1234, aaaa, abcd, etc. are not allowed. Confirm the created by you permanent static password.
Select language. Enter a personal message, which will personalize the webpage upon online payment.
Click on the SAVE button.
IMPORTANT! The dynamic 3D Secure Code and the static 3D Secure Code stand personalized security feature of your payment card and you as a Cardholder have all the obligations for their keeping secret, by using them only and solely personally and non-disclosing them to third persons.
Detailed information about the Strong Customer Authentication upon online payments is available in UBB AD General Terms of United Bulgarian Bank AD on Issuance and Use of Payment Debit and Credit Cards, published on the Bank’s website HERE.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Question: I have an active card by UBB, however I have not received an SMS with a card registration password and I cannot create a static 3D Secure Code. What should I do?
Answer: The sending of an SMS with a registration password for UBB clients will be made by stages until 14 September 2020 inclusive. In order to receive an SMS, you should have provided to UBB a recent mobile phone number. You can provide a mobile phone number at a convenient for you branch of UBB.
Question: I have more than one payment card by UBB. Am I going to receive a card registration SMS for each card?
Answer: Yes, for each card of yours by UBB, which you will use for online payments, you will receive a card registration SMS and you should create a static 3D Secure Code.
Question: May I refuse the static 3D Secure Code and use only the dynamic 3D Secure Code, received via an SMS, as until now?
Answer: No, the application of two independent elements for cardholder authentication upon payment transactions with cards on the Internet at merchants, supporting the Visa Secure and Mastercard Identity Check protocols, is a regulatory requirement.
Question: Upon the entry of a dynamic 3D Code and/or the registration password for secure online payments, received via an SMS, an error message is being generated. What should I do?
Answer: Please, try again. Check whether the information in the respective fields has been filled out correctly. Follow the steps in the instructions above.
Question: Within what period after receipt of the SMS with the card registration password may I create my static 3D Secure Code?
Answer: The card registration password, received via an SMS, will be active within 30 days of its receipt. After this period you need to call the Client Contact Centre of UBB at 0700 117 17, *7171 (for mobile phones), in order to request issuance of a new password, valid over the next 24 hours since its generation.
Question: I want to change the already created by me static 3D Secure Code. What should I do?
Answer: You may change the already created static 3D Secure Code by following the steps from 1 to 5 in the instructions above, as in the „static 3D Secure Code” field of step 4 you should fill out the already created by you static 3D Secure Code, while on the screen of step 5 you should enter your new static 3D Secure Code.
Question: How much will it cost me to use a static 3D Secure Code?
Answer: For using a static 3D Secure Code there are no fees whatsoever charged by UBB.
Question: Should I always enter a static 3D Secure Code and a dynamic 3D Secure Code upon card payments on the Internet?
Answer: This requirement is being applied to card payments on the Internet only at merchants, involved into the secure payment programs Visa Secure and Mastercard Identity Check. Online merchants outside the European Union are not obliged to participate in these programs.
Payment transactions with cards on the Internet, which are of value up to EUR 30 (thirty euro) (or the respective equivalence in the account currency), are exempt from the entry of a static 3D Secure Code and a dynamic 3D Secure Code and are being authorized by the Cardholder through entering the card number, its validity date, and a 3-digit code, printed on its reverse side (СVV or СVC). After effecting five consecutive payment transactions of value up to ЕUR 30 (thirty euro), the Cardholder shall have to additionally enter a static 3D Secure Code and a dynamic 3D Secure Code.