Recommendations regarding fraud attempts with phishing attacks
24 October 2019
We would like to inform you of frequenting fraud attempts through phishing e-mails. There are e-mails circulating in the internet on the Bank’s behalf, containing a link with malicious content. These are malicious attempts at acquiring sensitive information, such as user names and login passwords in e-banking, credit/debit card details – for example, names embossed on a card, number, validity date and a CVC code. We would like to remind you that the Bank does not demand personal data from its clients by e-mail. That is why, if you have received such message we recommend that you should delete it without opening the links, contained there.
In case you have witnessed or become a victim of such fraud we kindly ask you to call our Contact Centre at 0700 117 17 or *7171 (short number for mobile operator subscribers in Bulgaria), in order to submit an alert for the problem.
Important security recommendations:
- Always install legal operating system downloaded from trusted vendor websites and repositories
- Apply regularly updates and make sure you install the latest version of the operating system
- Use the latest, updated version of internet browsers
- Install antivirus software
- Do not click on links and hyperlinks from suspicious e-mails
- Always check hyperlinks in received messages (Hover the cursor (WITHOUT CLICKING) on the hyperlink to reveal the real URL you would be redirected to)
- Neither open nor download suspicious attachments in e-mail messages
- Always be suspicious about websites and messages requesting sensitive and confidential data: passwords, account numbers, credit/debit card numbers, personal IDs, client numbers, verification codes
- Do not save usernames and passwords in the browser, because they are stored unencrypted
- Do not use the same password for multiple websites and applications
- Frequently change the passwords for access to internet services