Western Union Express Money Transfers
Receive and order money transfers quickly and easily via Western Union through the entire branch network of UBB
About the service
About Western Union: Western Union is a service, helping you to send and receive money. Every day, this service helps people get in touch with their loved ones, all over the world, through fast, secure and affordable money transfers, operating with a network of about 470,000 agent locations in over 200 countries and territories.
Services, rendered by United Bulgarian Bank and Western Union:
- Abroad-to-Bulgaria money transfer – little joys shorten large distances, and you, who are at home, know it best. Western Union brings your money quickly.
- Bulgaria-to-abroad money transfer – your loved ones, who are far away, can receive your help no matter where they are.
- Bulgaria-to-Bulgaria money transfer – even when you are not abroad, but away from your family, nonetheless, you can still do something nice for those at home. With Western Union it is easy to transfer Bulgarian leva, euros or US dollars everywhere in Bulgaria. There are over 1200 agent locations all over the country, where you can send money and your relatives can receive the transferred amounts.
Sending money: Step-by-step guide:
- Go to the nearest UBB location. All you have to do is bring a valid ID, mention the country of destination, the amount you wish to send and the recipient’s full name.
- After having consigned the amount you wish to transfer and the due fee, the Western Union operator will hand over to you a receipt, confirming the transaction.
- Please, check all the details printed on the receipt, to make sure that they are correctly entered, and sign the receipt.
- The receipt will include the money transfer control number (MTCN: a ten-digit number) and the paid amount.
- The period for receiving the money depends on the terms and conditions of the service you have chosen, as well as on the business hours of the agents and the time zone differences. In certain countries, to pick up the money, the recipient must also communicate to the operator the money transfer control number (MTCN).
Receiving money: Step-by-step guide:
- Go to the nearest branch of United Bulgarian Bank. All you have to do is bring a valid ID. Please, tell the operator the country where the money was sent from, the sender’s full name, the exact amount you are expecting, as well as the money transfer control number (MTCN).
- To make the payment, the Western Union operator will check your ID, as well as the information you have provided.
- Please, check all the details printed on the Receive Money receipt to make sure they are correct and sign the receipt. The operator will hand over to you the money, as well as the receipt.
Fees and commissions
The fees for money transfers are standard, and they are to be paid only by the sender.
Western Union may also profit on exchange rate differences. Further information on the Western Union's Tariff is available in Useful Documents Section.
For further information on the Western Union services, please contact our Customer Service Centre at 0700 117 17 or at *7171 (for subscribers of Bulgarian mobile operators at prices, as per the respective mobile phone plan).
Receipt of Western Union transfers over the phone
The service targets all individual UBB clients, who are holders of either an account with the Bank, or of a UBB credit card and beneficiaries of fund transfers through Western Union.
UBB has developed this innovative service for the Bulgarian market, thus enabling its clients to receive Western Union transfers in a fast, easy and convenient way via a single call at 0700 117 17 or at *7171 (for subscribers of mobile network operators).
You are only three steps away from receiving a Western Union transfer over the phone:
- Contact our Call Center by dialing 0700 117 17 or *7171 and select initially button 2 – For Individuals and then button 3 – For Utility Bills and Western Union Transfers. Your call will be forwarded to a Bank’s official.
- Communicate the 10-digit code of the Western Union transfer.
- State your account or card details for the transfer’s receipt.
The transferred funds will be at your disposal immediately.
The new UBB service is accessible every business day from 08.30a.m. till 05.00p.m. It practically facilitates clients’ receipt of WU transfers, while saving them the filling-out paperwork, queuing and carrying amounts of cash.
Moreover, UBB clients will enjoy the additional convenience of utilizing WU-transferred funds via a debit or a credit card anytime, anywhere.
Short number for local calls by Bulgarian mobile network subscribers
For local and international calls